Virtual Print Engine is the underlying core of VPE+.
It is a comprehensive cross platform Report Engine and PDF Library developed, licensed and supported by Ideal Software. To use VPE+ as a developer, you require a license for VPE Professional Edition, or you can use the free 30 day trial version of this edition.
VPE+ Encapsulates Virtual Print Engine
VPE+ is simply a wrapper for VPE, implementing it's own style of code-based, banded reporting with the Delphi VCL.
Note, in particular, that there are many more properties, methods and features in VPE beyond those directly wrapped or introduced by VPE+. It is thus essential to become familiar with VPE to take full advantage of it when using VPE+.
Among other features are:
- Precise, device independent positioning
- Fast vector graphics
- Export to PDF (including PDF/A-1b), HTML, XML, ODT, and native VPE
- Pre-rendering of text elements (without insertion into the document)
- Version independent and error tolerant RTF output
- Unlimited number of simultaneously open documents and pages
- Access to any printed page at any time
- True colours; colour gradients
- Lines, polylines, polygons, ellipses, boxes, frames
- Charts (point, line, bar, 3d bar, stacked bar, pie, 3d pie, area)
- 1d and 2d bar codes (all major types)
- Comprehensive image management (BMP, WMF, EMF, JPG, PNG, TIFF, PCX, ICO... and more)
- Clickable objects
- User defined objects
Refer to the Ideal Software site for detailed documentation on VPE and its sister product dycodoc.